As a player in Skokie Little League, I pledge to be responsible for my behavior and participation by following this Player Code of Conduct:
- I agree to practice good sportsmanship at all times, which includes winning without boasting and accepting losses with humility.
- I agree that my head coach and assistant coaches are in charge and I accept their authority. I will not challenge coaches’ decisions or instruction.
- I agree to treat teammates, opponents, coaches, fans and umpires positively and with respect.
- I will support and encourage all of my teammates.
- I agree to attend and participate in all scheduled games and practices when reasonably possible.
- I agree to put forth my best effort, without quitting, for the duration of a game, practice or team meeting.
- I will never throw a bat or equipment or otherwise act out in anger.
- I agree to know and follow league safety rules to ensure safe and fair play.
- I agree to exercise self-control at all times, refraining from foul language and setting a positive example for others to follow.
I understand that failing to behave in accordance with this Player Code of Conduct may result in suspension or removal from Skokie Little League, at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Registration for Skokie Little League indicates a player’s and parent’s agreement with this policy.